Welcome to South Africa!
The Country Coordinator for South Africa is Leana Habeck IBCLC.
Leana is a Registered Nurse, (General, Psychiatric & Community) and Midwife (qualification obtained from the University of Stellenbosch). She is also a Perinatal Educator (qualification obtained from the University of Johannesburg) and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). For the past decade she has been helping new families in Stellenbosch and Somerset West through the early days, weeks and months of parenting by teaching antenatal classes and running a private breastfeeding clinic with two other IBCLC’s. She is married to Manfred, and they have three beautiful children.
For information in regards to IBLCE in South Africa you can contact Leana at
2013 Exam and Recertification applications can be downloaded here:
IBLCE does not offer nor endorse any particular training courses. However information is available on current courses offered by others in Gauteng, the Western Cape and online, through SouthAfrica@iblce.edu.au
Exam sites may be in the Western Cape, Gauteng and/or KZN, depending on the distribution of the majority of the candidates.
For more information on Exam Eligibility Requirements please click here
Apply for CERPs for your Education Program
If you would like to apply for CERPs please download the application by clicking here.
2012: South Africa has 56 certified IBCLCs.
Last updated July 2012
- "I would like to sit the Exam to become an IBCLC"
- "I am an IBCLC looking for information on recertification"
- "I let my certification lapse, and I want to become certified again"
- "I am an education provider and I want to apply for CERPs"
- IBLCE Documents, Forms and Applications
- Monetary Investment for Lactation Consultant Certification (MILCC)
- IBCLC Lactation Care Award