Exam Essential Dates
The exam application deadline for initial exam candidates and recertifying IBCLC's is the 31st of March. Applications must be postmarked on or before this date.
Exam fees vary according to country of residence, taking into account central and local administrative costs. Applications are accepted between the 1st of January and the 31st of March.
2013 IBLCE Exam Administration
Use of computer-based testing (CBT) centres for administration of the IBLCE exam will continue to expand in 2013. Appointments for CBT centres will be available over a period of 3 days during the last week of July, depending upon the country in which the CBT centre is located.
Computer Based Testing Centre Appointments
Monday the 29th of July, 2013
Tuesday the 30th of July, 2013
Wednesday the 31st of July, 2013
Note to CBT candidates: You MUST make your exam seat booking before the 31st of May 2013
In countries where CBT centres are not available, the IBLCE exam will be offered in the traditional paper and pencil format. The paper and pencil administration of the 2013 exam will take place on one day only—Wednesday, the 31st of July 2013.
Paper and Pencil Administration
Wednesday the 31st of July 2013
If you have any concerns or questions please contact the
- "I would like to sit the Exam to become an IBCLC"
- "I am an IBCLC looking for information on recertification"
- "I let my certification lapse, and I want to become certified again"
- "I am an education provider and I want to apply for CERPs"
- IBLCE Documents, Forms and Applications
- Monetary Investment for Lactation Consultant Certification (MILCC)
- IBCLC Lactation Care Award